Finance Manager- Solomon Islands Jobs
TRADCO Shipping Limited
TRADCO FINANCE MANAGER SOLOMON ISLANDS
Two thirds of the earth is covered with water...
Makes sense to work for a shipping company...
About the role
Based in Honiara (Solomon Islands), you will be responsible for managing all aspects of finance and accounting, taxation and administration for Tradco Shipping Limited. You will also provide timely, accurate and complete business information for key decision makers to effectively manage their business. Maintain a proactive role in the review, documentation and implementation of all transaction processes and systems to ensure adequate controls and procedures are in place. Undertake specific Project work for CNCo where required, including Due Diligence on possible new business acquisitions in Solomon Islands.
Education / Skills / Experience required:
• Degree in Business and a Qualified member of Accounting Body (CPA)
• Seven years’ minimum accounting experience post Accounting Body qualification
• Staff management experience
• Well-developed communication and demonstrated attention to detail. Must be “hands on”
• Proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing, with people in all levels and with appropriate customer focus
• Demonstrated ability to deal with large volumes of data with strong attention to detail
• Industry knowledge or experience of shipping or freight forwarding would be of benefit although not essential
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Provide financial support to the Country manager
• Prepare the monthly financial report for CNCo Singapore
• Assist in preparation of the CM monthly report to Management and Directors
• Supervise the Finance Team and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and reporting deadlines are met
• Oversee the Annual Budget process with CNCo and Country Manager
• Process the fortnightly payroll
• Prepare all SI Government Statistical returns
• Prepare monthly General Ledger Reconciliations
• Prepare accounts for annual audit
The China Navigation Company (CNCo) is the wholly owned deep-sea shipping arm of John Swire & Sons Ltd, a privately held company with a long and distinguished history of trading and operating in the Far East. China Navigation is proud to have provided over 140 years of shipping services, spanning the globe. The Head office is located in Singapore, with regional offices in the UK, China, Hong Kong, India, Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and across the Pacific Islands.
China Navigation’s Strategic Vision is to be the leading provider of Sustainable Shipping solutions and our Customer’s Partner of choice. CNCo owns and operates a modern, industry leading fleet of multipurpose vessels, handysize bulk carriers and bulk trans-loaders.
If you would like more information about this opportunity or to submit your application, please send your resume and covering letter by close of business on Monday 22nd April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to:
Human Resource Supervisor
Tradco Shipping Limited
P.O Box 114