Local Consultant - Solomon Islands Jobs
Ministry of Women, Youth, Children and Family Affairs (MWYCFA)
VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT NOTICE FOR SHORT TERM CONSULTANT 2019
Local Consultant – Scoping for the establishment of Provincial Youth & Children’s Resources Centres
The Ministry of Women, Youth, Children and Family Affairs (MWYCFA) is seeking for suitably qualified and experienced person to be a short-term consultant to do the Scoping for Establishment of Provincial Youth and Children Resource Centres. Details of the Terms of Reference for this position including required qualifications and remunerations can be obtained from the Human Resource Manager, MWYCFA, 3rd Floor, City Centre Building, Point Cruz, Honiara (or) Email: email@example.com
Key responsibilities for this short term position
Under the direction of the Permanent Secretary of the MWYCFA and in accordance with an agreed work plan, the Consultant will be responsible for:
- In consultation with the Permanent Secretary and with support of the Directors of Youth and Children and YDD and CDD staff, develop consultation plan and methodology suitable to the task ensuring they are relevant to the Solomon Islands context
- Using this methodology and based on the plan, to conduct:
(a) National and provincial consultation workshops with the various stakeholders including young people to discuss the requirements and specifications of the Resource Centre and Programmes to be accommodated in the centres.
(b) One on one consultations with key youth stakeholders and young people in Honiara and provinces.
(c) Consultations in the Ministry of Lands, Provincial Governments and Landowners for the identification of land for building of resource centre.
(d) Consultations on mobilisation of resources and for possible partnership on the project.
- Work in consultation with the Directors of Youth and Children and report to the Permanent Secretary from time to time;
- Where feasible include YDD and CDD staff in discussions to not only consult their views but also facilitate their learning;
- Lead implementation of all aspects of the project based on the approved Activity Plan
- Report to the Permanent Secretary through Director, Youth Development on policy and planning matters; activities planned and completed; achievements noted; constraints that might inhibit progress; any risks and challenges.
- Write up the Scoping Report of the Project
- Write up a report of the work done.
Application must include:
- Interested applicants can apply in writing to the Permanent Secretary, P.O Box G39, Honiara with statements addressing the selection criteria above.
- Current Curriculum Vitae with details of experience and evidence of a relevant tertiary qualification.
- All documents are to be clearly written or typed where appropriate and as necessary.
Qualification: Post graduate qualifications in youth development work, infrastructure development and other related fields.
1. At least 5 to 10 years relevant experience in developing government policy, plans and strategies;
2. Practical experience in project management and practices;
3. Proven practical experience in infrastructure and programme development;
4. Demonstrated knowledge of the provincial and national governments systems;
5. Demonstrated ability to provide practical, timely advice to a range of stakeholders on strategy or action plans in relation to youth problems;
6. Skills in training, mentor and coaching staff;
7. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal/communication skills and experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders in government, private and in Non-Government Organisations;
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in different cultural contexts and work environments and where there are limited resources;
9. Understanding of the importance of youths as a development and cross-cutting issue.
- Only applications accepted for short-listing will be notified. The notification should include time and date for interviews.
- All Application are to reach the MWYCFA by Close of Business on Friday 17th May 2019.