Finance and Operations Manager- Solomon Islands Jobs
Solomon Islands Community Conservation Partnership (SICCP)
ORGANISATION: Solomon Islands Community Conservation Partnership (SICCP)
ORGANISATION SUMMARY: Based in Honiara, SICCP was established in 2008 and seeks to bridge local conservation, sustainable development, and resource management efforts with broader national and international initiatives. By partnering directly with landholding communities, our goal is to ensure financial sustainability and sound stewardship of the rich natural and cultural heritage of the Solomon Islands.
SICCP works in partnership with Tetepare Descendant Association (TDA), Kolombangara Island Biodiversity Conservation Area (KIBCA), Marovo Lagoon communities and Solomon Islands Rangers Association (SIRA). Current international partnerships are with the University of Queensland (UQ) and the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS).
POSITION TITLE: Finance and Operations Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for SICCP financial management, financial mentoring & support of partner organisations, management of operational logistics, general administration, communication and liaison with SICCP team members, partners, donors, NGO’s and government departments.
LOCATION: Honiara, Solomon Islands
REPORTS TO: SICCP Country Manager
BENEFITS: Competitive package, commensurate with skills & experience. Discussed at interview.
TENURE: 2-year contract with opportunity to renew; 6 month probationary period.
CLOSING DATE: 22nd April 2019
The Finance and Operations Manager is responsible for a high standard of organization and execution of the administrative and financial functions of SICCP in the Honiara office, support to the Country Manager, SICCP Field Team, partners KIBCA, TDA, SIRA and others as they arise.
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and punctual attention to tasks , are essential as the position demands attention to a range of stakeholders - SICCP Team Members, Partners, Donors, local communities, NGO’s & Government Departments.
This position is central to SICCP’s conservation efforts in the Solomon Islands, and requires the mission and values of SICCP to be upheld, and its policies and procedures to be adhered to.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Support the SICCP team to enhance partnerships with project partners, local communities, donors, other organisations, and the Solomon Islands Government that are central to SICCP’s conservation strategy.
• Financial management of all SICCP funds, and those under management by SICCP within MYOB accounting software
• Ensure solid financial governance of SICCP
• Model and instill solid financial governance to SICCP staff, Contractors, Partners, all organisations and communities with whom SICCP operate
• Develop financial budgets to support grant applications, and manage grant funds accordingly Accurate and timely fiscal management of income and acquittals
• Accurate and timely financial reporting to Donors as per grant specifications
• Accurate and timely financial reporting to SICCP Board Meetings, and AGM
• Support SICCP Field staff in managing their operational budgets and timely financial reporting Mentor SICCP Partners in use of MYOB and upskilling their financial capability
• Supply accounts to auditors annually for approval
• Work with SICCP Country Manager to ensure an organised, efficient, effective, operational SICCP office.
• Maintain an organised and consistent soft and hard office filing system
• Ensure all SICCP information & activity is documented and filed – including Field Team record
• Ensure accurate, punctual monthly financial reports from SICCP Partners and Team Members managing Operational Bank Accounts
• Coordinate and manage diary of ALL SICCP activity – to include field activities, conferences, Board Meetings, Donor Report due dates, Grant deadlines
• Effect SICCP logistical requirements within budget.
• Manage Payroll, leave entitlements, NPF and PAYE, annual returns, maintain personnel records.
• Ensure performance evaluations and salary reviews are diarised and effected by the Country Manager.
• Enhance communication between SICCP Team Members, Partners, Donors, Executive Committee, relevant community, NGO and Government Departments
• Respond to walk in, telephone and on-line traffic
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Accounting Degree from recognized tertiary institution
• Minimum 2-3 years accounting, budget management and financial reporting experience
• MYOB financial package experience
• Grant application budget, funds management and financial reporting experience
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Computer proficiency in MS Office and email services with general ITsavvy
• Proven organisational and general administrative skills and experience
• NGO financial reporting experience
• Strong logistic and administration experience
• Excellent relationship management and networking skills
• Excellent verbal & written English skills
• Strong ethics
• Some travel and out of hours work may be require
Please deliver to P.O. Box 2378 or SIDT building at Chinatown
Closing Date: Monday 22 April 2019